“Two Days — Two Events — Benefiting All” happening at McCollum Park this June 2nd & 3rd. The annual Mutt March and Relay for Life are joining forces this year to provide two days of fun activities and entertainment, all the while benefiting their respective causes. The Mutt March starts on Saturday morning when it is expected that around 500 dog owners will take a leisurely 5k walk on the North Creek Trail & return through the City of Mill Creek’s Town Center. After the walk, there will be demonstrations, the YMCA dog costume contest and other prizes & giveaways. Funds raised through the Mutt March will benefit ChaseAway K9 Cancer & local food banks through Rotary First Harvest.
Then starting at 2:00PM on Saturday The American Cancer Society Relay For Life will begin activities that will last through the night until 9:00AM Sunday. Do tell.
There’s still time to get involved – how will you be included?
- Come to the Event this weekend:
- Be there for the opening ceremonies and the first lap honoring cancer survivors and their caregivers at 2:00 pm at McCollum Park.
- Visit our platinum level sponsor, Providence Regional Cancer Alliance who will have some great educational materials at their booth.
- Check out the teams’ activities and food booths, with all proceeds going to support the cause.
- Don’t miss the Luminaria ceremony and lap at 10:00 pm.
- Come walk with us to honor a loved one and support your community: Teams will be walking from 2:00 pm on Saturday all through the night until 9:00 am Sunday
- Go online and make a donation: http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12GW?fr_id=42952&pg=entry
- Purchase a Luminaria (or two) at $5 each to honor your friends and family who have been affected by cancer: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=42952&pg=fr_ecommerce
- Sign up to be honored as a Survivor: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12GW?sid=128523&type=fr_informational&pg=informational&fr_id=42952
- Sign up to join a team or as an individual: http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12National?pg=informational&fr_id=42952&type=fr_informational&sid=128501
- Volunteer to help with set-up or clean-up – email Relay Mill Creek Event Chair, Mike Todd if you’d like to help at email@example.com